Why not set yourself a challenge and sign up with Run For All and fundraise for the Appeal?
Whether you register to run 10K, take on the marathon or a fundraising event of your own, it's all about enjoying the experience and pushing yourself to acheive your goals.
It's not all about sport though! Here are just a few ideas to get you thinking...
Sponsored events - Fancy setting yourself a new challenge this year? Then why not take part in one of our events. Whether you're a regular runner or have never run before then the Run For All 10k Series could be for you. If you fancy something a bit different then the Yorkshire Triathlon or Spartan Race may be for you. Whichever event you choose to enter the day is always an enjoyable day with plenty of smiley faces to aid you throughout the day. You will soon be on your way to raising plenty of money.
Stay simple - Why not be traditional and stay simple while doing an activity that everyone from children to adults love. A bake sale is a fun way to get everyone together and make lots of money along the way and why not get the children involved and let them help decorate the cakes. Some more traditional fundraising activities include a tombola, guess how many sweets are in a jar and bag packing etc.
Do something different - Be creative! Why not arrange a fancy dress day at school, college, university or the work place and get everyone involved - nothing would be better than going to work in your PJs. Or why not something totally different, crazy do and a way to impress your friends and do a charity abseil or sky dive.
Swap your skills - Why not sell your skills to friends - maybe teach a friend to bake, or how to play the guitar.
Dinner party - Maybe host a dinner party to friends and like a restaurant create a unique menu to a group of your paying guests.
Push yourself mentally - Arrange a good old fashion quiz night; house mates? Friends? And work colleagues can all get involved maybe set a theme for the quiz? A good excuse for everyone getting together for a good cause.
Some more fun ideas:
- Get sponsored to go to university dressed as your favourite Disney character.
- Why not get everyone to sponsor you to cycle to work one day?
- Arrange a movie night and sell tickets to friends and family.
- Try something difficult and get sponsored to give up your favourite food for the day.
- Get competitive and challenge your friends to a bake off to where people donate to enter.
- Everybody loved the 60s why not host a 60s themed party and ask for donations of the door?
- Guess the baby - why not get all your work colleagues to bring in a baby photo and then pay to enter the guess who is who - and have a laugh along the way.
The Jane Tomlison Appeal hopes to inspire you to set your own personal goals and challenges, and will be there to support you. We truly value and appreciate all of your efforts. Together we can reach our targets and make a difffernece to children's and cancer charities.
MAKE YOUR MARK ON SOMEONE'S LIFE.
You can make an online pledge by
tweeting with hashtag
alternatively email your pledge to