Actor Matthew Lewis is set to join the ever growing Run with Rhinos team at this year's Leeds 10K.
On Sunday 20th July, Matthew will join fellow runners raising money for the Leeds Rugby Foundation and the Jane Tomlinson Appeal.
Matthew - who played Neville Longbottom in Harry Potter - is taking part in 'Run with the Rhinos', the official Leeds Rhinos team for the ASDA Foundation Leeds 10K.
A former pupil at St Mary's Catholic School in Menston, Matthew's CV also includes appearances in TV programmes such as Dalziel and Pascoe and The Syndicate.
Matthew is now urging other rugby fans to join him as part of
the Rhinos team. He said: "I am a huge Rhinos fan as well as being
Leeds Rugby Foundation's vice president, so when [LRF
Director of Operations] Bob Bowman gave me the call I was delighted
"I will be running alongside a few of my mates and I urge everyone to get involved and raise some money for the LRF.
"There are some fantastic benefits for being a part of this special Run with the Rhinos team and it is sure to be a fantastic event - so sign up now!"
This year marks the 150th anniversary of rugby in Leeds and with that in mind Leeds Rugby Foundation has 150 places to give away with each runner being asked to raise a minimum of £150 for charity - to be shared between the Leeds Rugby Foundation and the Jane Tomlinson Appeal.
There are some amazing benefits for joining the 'Run with the Rhinos' team; not only will you be able to say you were a part of the team that ran in celebration of 150 years of rugby in Leeds, but runners raising the minimum amount of £150 will receive a unique 'Run with the Rhinos' running shirt and the chance to bid for your unique 1-150 number on that shirt.
On top of that, each runner who raises £150 will receive:
- A limited edition, exclusive Steeden 150 Year branded rugby ball
- An invite to a pre-run pasta party in the week running up to the race
- The opportunity to run alongside Rhinos legends, Barrie McDermott and Keith Senior, Rhinos CEO, Gary Hetherington and now Matthew Lewis!
- The chance to take part in a pitch parade at the Headingley Carnegie Stadium during half time of the Leeds Rhinos v St Helens Super League encounter on 29th August (match ticket must be purchased)
Runners that manage to raise the £400 target will receive all of the £150 benefits, plus:
- The opportunity to have the Steeden 150 ball signed by the Leeds Rhinos' first team squad
- A special VIP invitation for the runner plus a guest to a Leeds Rhinos home game including: Ground entry through the corporate gate, a 2 course meal hosted by Rhinos legend Keith Senior (pre-match), pre-match analysis from a member of the Leeds Rhinos squad, cushioned corporate seating for the game and post-match entry to the Long Bar (Player's Lounge)
If you would like to help the LRF and the Jane Tomlinson Appeal change lives and be involved in something special, then register for "Run with the Rhinos" today by emailing Siobhan.Walpole@LeedsRugbyFoundation.org. Deadline for entry is Friday 30th May.