The Appeal is very excited to announce a new partnership with Virtual Running UK with a 5 mile Bonus Race.
Virtual Running UK, is the brand new online community for virtual running and racing. Although based in the UK, Virtual Running has members all over the world taking on an array of competitions.
People simply register online, run at a time and place of their choice and then send in evidence of their results along with their unique registration number.
Virtual Running UK, offer two types of race that members can take part in: a free monthly race where members compete with others and gain points, which will add up to prizes at the end of the year; and medal races where members pay a small fee in return for a participant medal. The results of all races are then published online.
For November, the Appeal is partnering with Virtual Running UK for a 5 mile bonus race.
As with all bonus races, members will earn points towards Virutal Running UK's annual points competition as well as a new medal to celebrate their achievement; but, more importantly, they will be helping to raise money for the Appeal with at least 50% of all profits from the race going directly to the charity.
To take part in November's 5 Miler and help support the Appeal, simply follow the steps below:
- Register using the PayPal Button below before 15th November
- Virtual Running will then email you a registration number (if you don't already have one) and confirmation of your entry within 24 hours
- Run, jog or walk 5 miles between 1st and 30th November
- Email evidence of your run before midnight on 30th November
- Receive your medal in the post at the beginning of December
So what are you waiting for. Get a bit of competition going between you and your friends and colleagues and sign up today! To register you place simply click here