Information we may collect from you:
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, credit/debit card details.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on janetomlinsonappeal.com (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering for any events, as a volunteer or for our newsletter and includes, but is not limited to, information such as; your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone numbers, medical information, emergency contact details, credit/debit card details, twitter profile, club membership details and parental consent (if applicable).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site when paying for products/services.
Uses made of your information:
Unless specifically notified otherwise, your information will be used in the ways identified below:
- For administrative purposes with regards to your donations and/or event entries.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such marketing purposes.
- To let you know about changes to our services or policies.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To create a profile of your interests and preferences and (if you agree) send you communications about our work, for example, information about events, volunteering opportunities and fundraising activities.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, if/when you choose to do so.
Your information will not be sold to any third parties but we may share some of your information with our trusted service providers who are authorised to work on our behalf. We will always seek your consent for the use of your personal information and will tell you what we want to use it for. Other than as described in this policy, we won't use your personal information for any other purpose.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be securely encrypted. Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our online registration site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data in ways you are not happy with and can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request should be made in writing and may be subject to an administration fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The Data Controller
Jane Tomlinson Appeal
PO Box 314
The Jane Tomlinson Appeal reserves the right to disclose information (including your personal information):
- Where under a legal duty to do so.
- If required to protect the Jane Tomlinson Appeal's rights, property or safety of its customers.
- For the purposes of fraud protection or credit risk reduction.
Our sites may link to external websites. The Jane Tomlinson Appeal cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Changes to our policy:
This policy was last updated in November 2012.